The Great Hunt - Round #3 Testnet: Shade Lend
Over the past month the Shade Protocol contributors and community have rallied together tremendously for both Round 1 and Round 2 of The Great Hunt Incentivized Testnet.
Round 1 of The Great Hunt focused on improving existing Shade Protocol dApps, while Round 2 focused primarily on Shade Protocol’s upcoming privacy preserving hybrid AMM, ShadeSwap!
Since the beginning of The Great Hunt Incentivized Testnet, the Shade Protocol community has grown ~30% and has collectively submitted over 6000 UI/UX suggestions and Bug Reports. As a result of the overwhelming support from our community, the Shade Protocol team has been able to remediate existing functional bugs in the Shade dApps, receive critical feedback to improve the User Interface and Experience, and properly stress test the supporting infrastructure of the Shade Protocol dApps to verify the application’s ability to withstand abnormally high traffic. Without the community, the current improvements to the Shade Protocol dApps would not be possible, and your support and feedback is incredibly appreciated!
But we’re not done yet…
We invite you to re-embark on a thrilling journey of discovery as you join Round 3 of The Great Hunt, an incentivized testnet series where both everyday users and skilled bug bounty hunters can earn rewards for identifying and reporting UI/UX bugs and app vulnerabilities.
With Round 3 of the Testnet, users will finally have the opportunity to interact with ShadeLend and mint SILK, Shade’s privacy preserving reflexive stablecoin, on Testnet!
Along with the opportunity to test ShadeLend, users will have the opportunity to test the following key apps and functionalities:
- Liquidity Providing
- Staking Derivatives
Are you ready to put your skills to the test? Are you up to the task?
The Great Hunt resumes - ensuring the best possible private DeFi experience for all users…
Round One Rewards (~$6,000)
The first round of rewards will be distributed to the following categories of uncovered treasures…
UI/UX - 150 SHD (~$1,180)
- 100 SHD —> split between top 10 users who submit UI/UX related feedback
- 50 SHD —> split between best UI/UX feedback + most active/quality tester.
Usability - 450 SHD (~$3,560)
- 400 SHD —> Split between top 10 users who submit critical/high impact bug reports relating to core functionality of the website, application, wallet interactions, or smart contracts.
- 50 SHD —> Most Impactful bug report, based on feedback’s impact on core functionality of the website, application, wallet interactions, or smart contracts.
Stress Test - 100 SHD (~$790)
- 100 SHD —> Split between 10 ShadeSwap Stress Test Participants (presence in the Warrior Phalanx during Stress test is required to potentially qualify for this reward).
Users will have the opportunity to submit detailed tickets to the protocol builders for the above categories. Round Three reward distribution will begin on March 13th, 2023. Each bounty submission will be graded based on the following three variables:
- Impact - how much is the bug / design effecting the user experience
- Clarity - how clear and direct are the instructions to recreate the suggestion / bug
- Depth - how much wholistic detail is included
Round One reward distribution will begin on March 9th, 2023 at 6AM UTC. This ensures there is enough time for all submitted tickets / bounties to be accurately scored.
All users who submit a ticket will earn the "Testnet Volunteer" role on the Shade Discord!
Join the Great Hunt
To start hunting, perform the following:
- Join Shade Discord
- Navigate to the "Testing & Feedback" Channel
- Read the pinned message for ticket submission formatting & Stress Test Coordination
- Next, connect to testnet (instructions below)
- Submit a ticket that addresses UI/UX, Usability, or Stress Testing
Connect To Testnet
To connect to the public testnet to begin testing, perform the following steps:
- Connect To Secret Testnet
- Seed your testnet wallet with SCRT
- Navigate to ShadeSwap On Testnet
- Enter password: spartan117
- Connect Wallet
- Claim Testnet tokens to use in Shade’s dApps from the Faucet at the top of the application page.
- Begin testing the entirety of the Shade App (Special focus on ShadeLend)
Ticket Standard / Format
To get credit for your ticket submission, use the following format below when submitting a ticket on discord or through the app:
Priority: What is the priority of this issue? (urgent, high, medium, low)
Impact: What is the magnitude of this issue? (Users are unable to connect wallet)
Summary: Summarize the problem in a brief sentence.
Description: In depth description of how you encountered it and why this important to solve.
Steps to Reproduce - for exactly how to reproduce how you found the bug (i.e., navigate to bonds landing page, click X button, etc.)
Actual Result - what the actual result is when you reproduce those steps.
Expected Result - what the result should have been.
Attachment: Attach an image or video to help better visualize the problem
*Frequently, your webpage’s console will have more details on the issue. To screenshot this: press Ctrl-Shift-J on Windows (Cmd-Option-J on Mac) or Right-Click → Inspect → Console*
Wallet Address: Submit a wallet address to potentially receive compensation (Omit for feedback on Discord).
Email Address: Submit an email address to stay in contact
Submission of a ticket can be done directly on discord, on the Shade App, or through the official ticket management portal!
Stress Test - Threat Level Midnight
To enter into the "Stress Test" rewards category, we will be running an all hands on deck test whereas many participants perform transactions on the app as possible. There will be a scheduled YouTube livestream + discord session for users to partake in this session.
This stress test will take place on March 3rd, 10:00 PM UTC.
To learn more about the upcoming ShadeSwap “Stress Test”:
- Join Shade Discord
- Navigate to the "Testing & Feedback" Channel
- Read the pinned message for Stress Test Coordination
Shade Protocol is an ambitious array of application-layer products focused on a simple end user experience that involves the incorporation of privacy by default. These interconnected privacy-preserving DeFi products built on Secret Network will change DeFi as we know it — empowering the next generation of value creation and exchange. Shade Protocol is launching Silk: a privacy-preserving over-collateralized stablecoin pegged to a basket of global currencies and commodities, built on Secret Network.
Without privacy, DeFi is incomplete. Traditional financial markets offer a degree of privacy for users, and as a result offer up greater protections in some capacity than existing DeFi markets. Shade Protocol will be the world’s first truly cohesive decentralized and privacy-preserving financial applications — ushering in a golden era for Web3. Shade Protocol will always push for privacy by default, privacy as an expectation, and privacy as the key to unlocking the full value of a decentralized future.
But we can’t do this without community. We need you to join our community and help make Silk and Shade Protocol a reality.