The Great Hunt - Shade Incentivized Testnet
The Great Hunt begins as ShadeSwap launch nears. Do you have what it takes to hunt UI/UX bugs?
Shade Protocol exists to serve and delights you, the users. However, the ability for an open source protocol to adapt to the needs of its users is directly contingent upon the quality and frequency of feedback received.
We invite you to embark on a thrilling journey of discovery as you join The Great Hunt, an incentivized testnet series where both everyday users and skilled bug bounty hunters can earn rewards for identifying and reporting UI/UX bugs and app vulnerabilities.
Are you ready to put your skills to the test and uncover hidden treasures?
With this testnet users will have the opportunity to test the following key apps and functionalities:
- Liquidity Providing
- Staking Derivatives
Never before has their been a cohesive suite of privacy-preserving DeFi applications - protecting your data privacy while also interacting with capital efficient liquidity pools.
The Great Hunt begins - ensuring the best possible experience for all users...
Are you up to the task?
Round One Rewards (~$6,000)
The first round of rewards will be distributed to the following categories of uncovered treasures...
UI/UX - 150 SHD (~$1,180)
- 100 SHD —> split between top 10 users who submit UI/UX related feedback
- 50 SHD —> split between best UI/UX feedback + most active/quality tester.
Usability - 450 SHD (~$3,560)
- 400 SHD —> Split between top 10 users who submit critical/high impact bug reports relating to core functionality of the website, application, wallet interactions, or smart contracts.
- 50 SHD —> Most Impactful bug report, based on feedback’s impact on core functionality of the website, application, wallet interactions, or smart contracts.
Stress Test - 100 SHD (~$790)
- 100 SHD —> Split between 10 ShadeSwap Stress Test Participants (presence in the Warrior Phalanx during Stress test is required to potentially qualify for this reward).
Users will have the opportunity to submit detailed tickets to the protocol builders for the above categories. Round One submissions are open until February 5th, 2023 at 5AM UTC. Each bounty submission will be graded based on the following three variables:
- Impact - how much is the bug / design effecting the user experience
- Clarity - how clear and direct are the instructions to recreate the suggestion / bug
- Depth - how much wholistic detail is included
The top 10 submissions for each category will receive equally distributed rewards. The top 90% of all graded ticket submissions will be entered into a SHD raffle.
- Raffle (1) —> 50 SHD (~$380) equally distributed to 10 participants
- Raffle (2) —> Shade Spartan NFT mint whitelist for 5 participants
Round One reward distribution will begin on February 10th, 2023. This ensures there is enough time for all submitted tickets / bounties to be accurately scored.
All users who submit a ticket will earn the "Testnet Volunteer" role on the Shade Discord!
Join The Great Hunt
To start hunting, perform the following:
- Join Shade Discord
- Navigate to the "Testing & Feedback" Channel
- Read the pinned message for ticket submission formatting & Stress Test Coordination
- Next, connect to testnet (instructions below)
- Submit a ticket that addresses UI/UX, Usability, or Stress Testing
Connect To Testnet
To connect to the public testnet to begin testing, perform the following steps:
- Connect To Secret Testnet
- Seed your testnet wallet with SCRT
- Navigate to ShadeSwap On Testnet
- Enter password: spartan117
- Connect Wallet
- Wrap SCRT —> sSCRT
- Begin testing the entirety of the Shade App (Special focus on ShadeSwap)
- Note that ShadeSwap testnet functionality will go live on Monday
Ticket Standard / Format
To get credit for your ticket submission, use the following format below when submitting a ticket on discord or through the app:
Priority: What is the priority of this issue? (urgent, high, medium, low)
Impact: What is the magnitude of this issue? (Users are unable to connect wallet)
Summary: Summarize the problem in a brief sentence.
Description: In depth description of how you encountered it and why this important to solve.
Steps to Reproduce - for exactly how to reproduce how you found the bug (i.e., navigate to bonds landing page, click X button, etc.)
Actual Result - what the actual result is when you reproduce those steps.
Expected Result - what the result should have been.
Attachment: Attach an image or video to help better visualize the problem
Frequently, your webpage’s console will have more details on the issue. To screenshot this: press Ctrl-Shift-J on Windows (Cmd-Option-J on Mac) or Right-Click → Inspect → Console
Wallet Address: Submit a wallet address to potentially receive compensation (Omit for feedback on Discord).
Email Address: Submit an email address to stay in contact
Submission of a ticket can be done directly on discord, on the Shade App, or through the official ticket management portal!
Stress Test - Threat Level Midnight
To enter into the "Stress Test" rewards category, we will be running an all hands on deck test where as many participants perform transactions on the app as possible. There will be a schedule YouTube livestream + discord session for users to partake in this session.
This stress test will take place on February 2nd, 10:00 pm. UTC.
To learn more about the upcoming ShadeSwap “Stress Test”:
- Join Shade Discord
- Navigate to the "Testing & Feedback" Channel
- Read the pinned message for Stress Test Coordination
Shade Protocol is an ambitious array of application-layer products focused on a simple end user experience that involves the incorporation of privacy by default. These interconnected privacy-preserving DeFi products built on Secret Network will change DeFi as we know it — empowering the next generation of value creation and exchange. Shade Protocol is launching Silk: a privacy-preserving over-collateralized stablecoin pegged to a basket of global currencies and commodities, built on Secret Network.
Without privacy, DeFi is incomplete. Traditional financial markets offer a degree of privacy for users, and as a result offer up greater protections in some capacity than existing DeFi markets. Shade Protocol will be the world’s first truly cohesive decentralized and privacy-preserving financial applications — ushering in a golden era for Web3. Shade Protocol will always push for privacy by default, privacy as an expectation, and privacy as the key to unlocking the full value of a decentralized future.
But we can’t do this without community. We need you to join our community and help make Silk and Shade Protocol a reality.